151 Detroit St
Job Category: .NET
Job Number: 20303
- Collaborate in the design, maintenance, and managing of new and existing software, features, functionality and services.
- Be an aspiring, proactive personality who can take it upon themselves to work with others and come up with the ideal solutions rather than wait to be told what to do.
- Work with team members and business partners to decompose requirements into actionable tasks.
- Deliver to aggressive release schedules working as a cooperative team member in an agile development environment.
- Produce technical specifications for required features and architectural/framework improvements.
- Participate in design meetings, system analysis, research and peer code reviews.
- Prepares and conducts unit and integration tests based on defined standards.
- Ensures that code meets stated requirements and standards for accessibility, security, object-oriented best practices and performance.
- Effectively function and communicate within a software development team consisting of app and data developers, quality assurance developers, and business analysts.
- Partner with the security team to ensure security policies are adhered to and embraced.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities
- Professional experience as a software engineer in C#/.Net /.Net Core
- Professional experience developing and architecting Angular 8 and higher applications with TypeScript/CSS
- Professional experience developing Restful APIs using Web API 2.0
- Professional experience in UI/UX design
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, stored procedures, and relational database concepts, including query optimization and performance tuning, in addition to knowledge of Azure Cosmos DB concepts and querying
- Professional experience in Azure Cloud & DevOps (ADO) repositories, pipeline configuration, and release management
- Experience with MSCI/BarraOne, Bloomberg, WPF, Telerik controls, Scrum/Agile, JIRA will be extremely useful to have
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proactive and analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, MVC, MVVM
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts in both equity and fixed income areas will be extremely useful to have
- 5+ years’ experience in web application development, 3+ years of which should be in Angular/TypeScript & CSS
- 5+ years’ experience developing RESTful APIs, both on-premise and in Azure cloud
- 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer/developer in C#/.Net/.Net Core
- 5+ years’ experience in SQL Server query development, stored procedures, query optimization, and performance tuning
- 3+ years’ experience in UI/UX design and translating those designs to code
- 2+ years’ experience in VSTS/Azure DevOps (ADO) repositories, pipelines, and release management
- 2+ years’ experience working in an Agile setting with either Scrum or Kanban
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with third party control suites such as Telerik Kendo UI, DevExtreme Angular, and similar control providers
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding and execution through the phases of the software development life cycle