2381 Rosecrans Ave #400
Job Category: Android Developer
Job Number: 19760
Our client is searching for an Android Developer; the candidate selected for this role must be able to handle the following for the company:
- Design, develop & prototype Android native customer applications for phones and tablets for internal and external use.
- Participate in full app life-cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store.
- Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates.
- Keep up-to-date on current and upcoming features in relevant products and platforms.
- Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools.
- Write and maintain documentation for all features in development.
Specific role requirements:
- Willingness and ability to work in a startup environment
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members. Motivated self-starter with a high attention to detail. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Developer with strong analytical and technical ability with over 5 to 8 years of experience in consumer Mobile app development using Android
- Possesses a high degree of technical competency to design and develop digital applications using cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents complex applications
- Experience working with Google and Android-based application technologies and frameworks.
- 5+ Years of Android experience
- Extensive experience in Android (i.e., designs new templates, tests styles/sheets, fixes bugs; collaborates heavily with core team members (especially UX and Design), create logical data models, interaction paradigm with UI elements)
- Android OO Design Patterns
- App deployment process Google Play
- App approval process (knowledge of what common rejection reasons by Google are)
- Demonstrated interest in technology, technology-related issues and analytical analysis. High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience.
- Strong Developer
- Java 8+ Programming Skills
- Integration knowledge and experience with exposed services (e.g. REST, SOAP, etc)
- Familiar with common security and performance pattern (e.g: OATH)
- Expertise in Networking, Multithreading, Database management
- Using backend REST APIs
- Parsing JSON and XML
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Credit card processing and payment gateway
- Health insurance industry
- Familiarity and experience with implementing systems that are HIPAA compliant
- Working with image scanning and related OCR technologies