Application Analyst (support)
1303 W Optical Dr Azusa, CA 91702 US
Position: Application Analyst
- Provide end-user systems support and escalate issues when necessary for problem resolution.
- Offer software support and guidance, resolving technical problems related to application functions and procedures.
- Facilitate end-to-end testing, analyze application data for root cause identification, create test plans, execute test cases, and report on test results.
- Communicate timely updates on issues and IT maintenance activities to application users.
- Develop and maintain technical and user procedural documentation.
- Manage user accounts across software systems ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Administer, maintain, and configure organizational software systems.
- Assist with data management, report validation, ad-hoc data and reporting requests, and system validation activities.
- Collaborate with Software Development Department for software documentation, testing, and training.
- Provide user training and prepare necessary training materials for new features and releases.
- Assist with data entry, multitask to support departmental tasks, and assist in creating presentations and reports.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of programming languages, Microsoft SQL Server database structure, and Windows server scripting languages.
- Proficiency in problem-solving, time management, negotiation, and vendor management.
- Compassion, patience, and empathy, particularly when dealing with people in crisis or grief.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications, data processing, and spreadsheets.
- Dictation and transcription skills are beneficial.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and handling high volumes of calls and emails.
- Proficiency in multitasking, working in a fast-paced environment, and typing speed of at least 40 wpm.
- Capability to lift office supplies and equipment up to 50 pounds and work for extended periods.
- Possession of reliable automotive transportation is required.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience: At least two (2) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification: None.
- License: Valid California driver’s license and current vehicle insurance.
- Requirement: Ability to pass a local government agency background check.
- Equipment: Proficiency in using office equipment including a personal computer, fax machine, telephone system, cell phone, tablet, photocopier, postage machine, and calculator. Reliable automotive transportation is essential.
Pay: up to 24.00/hr