10202 W Washington Blvd.
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Business Analyst
Job Number: 20318
Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst will perform requirements analysis, create functional design specifications, document workflows and ensure testing for enhancements and projects are completed successfully. The candidate will also manage support requests, incidents and outages for their applications to avoid interruptions of day-to-day business operations and processes.
The Senior Business Analyst should have experience specifically working with cross-functional teams using the Agile project management methodology. The candidate must be hands on and detailed-oriented. Strong communication and listening skills are essential as well as the ability to communicate and interact with all levels of business users globally. Candidates must be self-starters with the ability to multi-task effectively. The ideal candidate should have several years of experience performing similar a role. Some technical development skills would also be beneficial but not required.
The Senior Business Analyst should have the ability to assist in driving projects and be hands-on in all aspects of the system development lifecycle including project planning/scoping, requirements gathering, system design and system testing. The ideal candidate must also have a proven track record of supporting multiple business units utilizing one application for various and disparate business processes.
- Collect, review, analyze, prioritize, and manage system and user requirements from key stakeholders across disparate locations and time-zones.
- Ensure that all demand enters the IT pipeline appropriately.
- Create detailed proposals, business functional & data requirements, process flows, use cases, and test scenarios.
- Obtain functional design specification approvals.
- Work with the business & technical teams to clarify functional requirements.
- Serve as a liaison to other teams in planning, coordination, development and deployment of multi-team enhancements or projects. Leverage IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to help deliver maximum business value.
- Ensure delivered projects and enhancements meet the requirements defined by the business customer. Create test scripts to test new enhancements and functionality, as needed.
- Define training needs and make sure that they are met for new or existing functionality. Create user guides and training documentation, as appropriate.
- Manage the UAT process by performing smoke testing, test case validation, and obtaining business approvals on UAT for scheduled deployments. Demonstrate functionality and coordinate UAT sessions with SMEs when appropriate.
- Ensure that Global Information Security Policies and other company controls are observed and applied to all applications in the portfolio.
- Respond quickly to vulnerability tests and internal and external audits.
- Manage incidents on a daily basis and follow up on critical issues.
- Establish and maintain clear escalation procedures so that problems and issues encountered are addressed in a timely manner. Facilitate the resolution of any issues which might arise.
- Provide VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service (Help) Desk.
- Seek opportunities to drive efficiency within the team including optimizing internal procedures, workflows and/or streamlining communication/hand offs between team members
- Operate with trust, integrity and compassion for others
- Have the courage to ask difficult questions, provide/receive constructive feedback in spirit of continuous improvement
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT or related technical professions
- Previous Entertainment Industry work experience
- Familiarity of the Agile methodology
- Ability to facilitate business requirements and design review sessions with customers
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, listening and presentation
- Strong organizational and workload prioritization skills
- Strong program or project management experience
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and relationship management skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong process flow and diagramming skills (Visio application)
- Knowledge of JIRA and ServiceNow
- Ability to build basic queries/reports to support business requirements gathering
- Bachelor’ s degree or related professional experience required
- Computer Science or related Information Technology degree preferred