10202 W Washington Blvd.
Job Category: Business Analyst
Job Number: 20033
The Senior Business Analyst acts as the business expert filling a liaison role between the IT development group and business units for development, enhancement, and implementation of new and/or existing systems.
# of Years of Experience
Key Technical Skills
- Understanding of custom software development using
- Integration with External Vendors for Data processing (Inbound/ Outbound)
- SQL for queries on Database
- Reporting Skills like Tableau or Business Objects
- Key Non-Technical Skills
- Experience in Media and Entertainment
- Theatrical Distribution Experience (Preferred)
- Good with Numbers
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in new product, application change, and new systems implementation
- Knowledge and technical skills in systems management, technologies, integration
- Good Team Player
- Possess level of confidence to ask questions, make mistakes, and learn from all
- Comfortable working with international folks and teams across different
- Computer Science/ Information System Degree
- Essential Job Functions
- Understands the applications from both a functional and technical perspective. Does not
- need to code but should understand the underlying design including the database.
- Provide expert consulting to the client, to identify and satisfy client business needs.
- Analyze end-to-end business processes and information needs of varying complexity,
- encompassing one or more Company business functional operations and potentially
- external entities.
- Understand the client' s current and future business environment, effectively anticipate,
- identify, and fully meet all business needs.
- Evaluates the business requirements; understands the priority based on impact; analyzes
- in depth the underlying problem statement.
- Works with Development team to come up with solutions. Drafts and proposes solutions
- clearly to business giving clear impact analysis, pros and cons.
- Creates the Functional design document.
- Demo prototypes.
- Coordinates with QA to write test strategy and test cases.
- Leads the User Acceptance Testing.
- Works with PM and Dev Mgr. for creating plans.
- Propose, evaluate and document alternatives that will provide the most effective solution
- to solve business problems including delivery of new business initiatives.
- Anticipate client concerns and questions and provide timely, professional, and clientfocused
- communications via meetings, status reports, phone, and email and follow
- through with results.
- Prepare communications and make presentations on system enhancements and/or
- Provide client support on the effective use of production systems.
- Research potential system issues in transaction processing and data quality.
- Provide timely responses for client inquiries.