1241 W Mineral Ave # 200
Contract To Hire
Job Category: Business Analyst
Job Number: 20141
Plans and coordinates the implementation and testing of business systems for a custom web application. Responsible for aligning developed application functions to the needs of customers and internal users. Work with end users to define software, process, procedure, and training requirements that make them for effective and efficient. Negotiate conflicting requirements to determine common requirements. Work with business owners to find development opportunities to streamline business processes that minimizes errors, improves consistency, an increases throughput. Document and communicate requirements to developers, architects, and testers ensuring the requirements and value are well understood. Assess and communicate standards to ensure continuity of applications. Work with members of a project team to develop, test and deliver applications that meet user needs. Supervise the work product and guide the training of other Business Analysts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Gather, prioritize, and document requirements for an enterprise-class web application.
- Interview, communicate, and negotiate requirements for end users.
- Review change requests and reports to elicit software requirements.
- Analyze business processes looking for development opportunities.
- Assess interface design with an emphasis on usability for a variety of applications and user levels.
- Communicate requirements to project team and validate requirements have been met.
- Participate as a pivotal team member in design, review, and planning meetings.
- Ensure requirements comply with design standards, coding standards, practices and approaches.
- Work as a team to develop optimal solutions that meet customers and business needs.
- Research new technology and development tools to remain abreast of current trends.
- Occasional travel, off-hours or weekend work.
- Remain abreast of business trends in the Criminal Justice industry.
- Train and supervise other Business Analysts.
- Must have a Bachelor’ s Degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in determining and negotiating requirements from internal and external end users.
- Familiar with web-based applications.
- Required proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- General knowledge of other related technologies.
- Five or more years’ experience with gathering and analyzing business requirements.
Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to research, document, and communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to elicit important information from interviews, reports, and conversations.
- Able to organize, prioritize and apply complex concepts to project tasks.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Willingness to learn and teach.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Have excellent organizational, analytical and communication/presentation skills.