Our client is actively looking for a Business Systems Analyst III that will be an integral member of the company’ s Technology Solutions (RTS) Product Management team and is tasked with working with Business Stakeholders to support users in their daily usage through incident reporting tool, and understand and document “ as-is” and “ to-be” business processes and business requirements for added functionality assessment or process changes. Additionally, the Business Systems Analyst III is required to translate business requirements through analysis and design into high complexity functional solutions. The Business Systems Analyst III plays a leadership role in the planning/analysis, testing and implementation phases of
Safety and Compliance projects, working closely with business stakeholders and the entire team to insure project success.
REQUIRED & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field required
· 7+ years’ Systems Analysis experience required
· 7+ years’ ERP systems experience required
· 5+ years’ Fleet Safety Solutions experience preferred
· 2+ years of Metals industry experience preferred
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all levels including customers, vendors, peers, business stakeholders and management required
· Ability to articulate complex safety-related business needs in the context of IS systems design, architecture and development required
· Experience coordinating the delivery of relevant informatics services in support of safety-related activities in the context of corporate safety and compliance required
· Experience of a wide array of systems and platforms, databases and/or the use of semantic technologies to query data required
· Experience in integrating information across multiple domains required
· Experience across safety and compliance business areas, or in working in safety-related roles within other manufacturing, regulatory, or motor vehicle organizations required
· Excellent interpersonal skills to influence / shape their particular area of expertise, along with the ability to understand multiple, complex business needs and identify ways in which existing or newly designed solutions could address these in an effective and efficient manner
· Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products required
· Proficiency with some collaboration tools like SharePoint and Box
· Capable of learning new systems and creating/implementing new system functionality
· Possesses advanced knowledge of HTML and XML
· Understands advanced internet and client/server architectures
· Possess advanced knowledge of SQL and databases
· Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
· Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills
Requirements Elicitation - Ability to identify a desired future state that addresses a business problem.
· Effectively uses interviewing skills to elicit, identify, and document business requirements
· Precisely and consistently captures business problems.
· Uncover needs and value drivers that business partners and end users would not be able to articulate on their own
· Articulate and incorporate extensive business knowledge into requirements
· Obtain agreement and confirm understanding by clearly interpreting business requirements
· Drive consensus for a desired future state to meet the business problem and enterprise objectives
· Influence stakeholders by clearly interpreting the future “ to be” state
Requirements Management and Analysis - Ability to define, document and manage business requirements to the smallest set that will provide the biggest impact in advancing business objectives.
· Accurately translates business requirements into functionality
· Manage requirements to meet business expectations
· Prioritize business requirements and recommends changes to multiple business processes.
· Understand business process complexity
· Assess the risks of various solutions looking across multiple applications
· Document and contribute to the " to be" business process state considering multiple factors
· Recommend changes to multiple business processes and communicates the changes and the " to be" state in business terms to business partners
· Influence business partner requirements in support of enterprise objectives
· Recognize the implications of business strategy changes
Creating Compelling Business Case - Ability to measure and communicate proposed project benefits
· Clearly articulates the impact of business problems and benefits using business language
· Understand the organization’ s economic and revenue drivers
· Understand industry-specific trends that impact the organization
· Quickly adapts to changes in business strategy
· Effectively communicates the value of a solution value to key stakeholders
Providing Accurate Project Effort Estimates - Ability to quantify and meet individual and project phase level efforts.
· Create, manage and meet accurate project effort estimates for their assigned tasks
· Adhere to RTS project methodology throughout project lifecycle
· Effectively engages stakeholders in the project estimation process
· Manage ambiguity and creates accurate project effort estimates for their assigned tasks
· Understand, consider and communicate inter-dependencies for project estimates
· Accurately identifies project-specific risks through the software development lifecycle
Design for Usability - Ability to translate business requirements into business solutions for end-user adoption and productivity improvement.
· Incorporate usability and User Interface (UI) efficiencies into business solutions
· Understand the business data needs as it relates to a potential solution
· Effectively conveys the business preferences and functional design to the technical teams
· Ensure end-to-end service performance from the end user’ s perspective
· Incorporate knowledge of UI best practices in functional design
· Ensure compliance to RTS UI standards
Functional Design - Ability to translate business requirements to functional designs using analysis and design techniques.
· Understand and create functional design specifications for low to high complexity solutions
· Provide the link between the business and technical views of the system
· Can listen to and understand technological constraints
· Clarify the business rationale of a solution concept
· Map business requirements to functional specifications ensuring traceability
· Anticipate weaknesses in the design solution to ensure risk is mitigated
· Understand technical design specifications and ensure that the technical solution(s) developed will satisfy the needs of the business
· Capitalize on reusability while minimizing rework by incorporating prior resolved solutions
· Consider solution interdependencies in functional design
· Consider third party application features and upgrades prior to designing in-house solution
· Develop solutions for system needs that business partners would not be able to articulate on their own
· Ensure reusability while minimizing rework by incorporating prior resolved solutions
Adherence to Standards - Ability to create solutions that adhere to and incorporate RTS standards.
· Apply and uses information and technology standards in design of solution
· Obtain key inputs from Enterprise Architecture groups to ensure compliance and exception management
· Adhere to project management methodology
· Can identify commonalities and suggests a consistent approach across projects
· Identify opportunities for creating reusable enterprise services
Business Requirements Testing and Validation - Managing traceability of business requirements through testing and validation process.
· Ensure that business and non-business requirements have been met through testing and validation
· Document validation results are as expected.
· Develop reusable test case suite
· Execute functional, system and integration testing and validation of proposed solution
· Work with stakeholders on evaluating coverage of test cases
· Ensure the coverage is appropriate for the business solution
· Facilitate and coordinate end-to-end system integration of proposed solution
User Acceptance Testing - Collaborates with stakeholder in testing for acceptance of end user business solution.
· Participate in the installation and configuration of development/test/production Dynamics AX 2012 environments as required
· Builds user acceptance test cases
· Coordinate, monitor, and train end-users on business solution
· Provide clarification on basic questions of solution testing
· Incorporate customer feedback into delivery of service to provide the best experience possible for the customer
· Quickly and effectively solves customer problems
· Facilitate end-user adoption of business solution
· Validate testing results are as expected and obtains sign-off
Business Relationship Management - Ability to engage business sponsors and contribute to their targeted business outcomes.
· Proactively resolves customers’ satisfaction issues
· Clearly articulates the role of technology in terms easily understood by business constituencies
· Help align customer expectations for project delivery (e.g. scope, schedule, budget, and outcome)
· Effectively navigates conflict between multiple business partners
· Adjust engagement to match customer preferences
· Can influence stakeholder decision making to optimize project deliverables