6900 Orangethorpe Ave,
Job Category: Data Analyst
Job Number: 18554
Our client is currently seeing a Business Systems / Database Analyst to develop new technology solutions to enable business growth and innovation, enhance efficiencies in current ERP, PLM, SharePoint and other business critical software systems, and also support integration, reporting, and data integrity.
- Serves as a MS SQL database analyst and developer.
- Develops SSRS and Crystal reports as business required.
- Develops, updates, and maintains Syteline and other business systems.
- Troubleshoots Syteline errors and performance issues as they arise.
- Performs daily maintenance and monitoring of Syteline to ensure data integrity and uptime including backup, restore, and user access management
- Updates, documents and maintains all internal procedures related to the use of Syteline and other business systems.
- Tests and installs new releases or modules as required.
- Maintains all business unit databases.
- Identifies areas for improvement within the existing business processes.
- Supports the organizational vision and mission.
- Promotes the use of change management and configuration control to maintain the data integrity.
- Ensures that governance and legislative controls are applied correctly and properly within the business unit. Meets IT general controls requirements for SOX.
- Performs other duties, as IT management and services deem necessary.
Strategy & Planning
- Assists or develops long-term strategic goals for development databases and production databases in conjunction with data owners and business managers.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on databases, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Responds to and resolves business systems support issues.
- Monitors business systems performances, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Creates, or supports creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
- Establishes appropriate end-user business systems access control levels.
- Performs business systems security audits.
- Performs business process analysis and implements streamline plans.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Three years of experience in MS SQL management and development is required.
- One to three years of experience in Syteline or any ERP management is preferred.
- One to three years of experience in Business Intelligence, or Data warehouse is preferred.
- Good knowledge of the following disciplines: MS SQL Server, Reporting tools including Crystal Reports and SSRS, ERP, SharePoint, .NET, XML, System Integration.
- Good understanding of business processes. Aerospace or Manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
- Experience using development tools such as Visual Studio, SSMS.
- Must have intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of IT General Controls as it relates to SOX audits.
- Troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’ s goals and objectives
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills required.