448 S Hill St Suite 200
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 20233
Sr. DevOps Engineer
In this role, you will report to the Sr. Manager, Site Reliability Engineering & DevOps. DevOp part of the team responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning, security on the cloud-hosted environment (preferably in a SaaS environment serving large companies), and a passion for our mission.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining, and manage AWS cloud-based production system to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of production systems.
- Troubleshooting: systems and problem-solving across platform and application domains.
- Provide architecture refinements, process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Manage tools, systems, and products, including:
- Build tools (Make, Maven, etc.)
- Software Dependency Management
- Artifact Management
- Systems Architecture
- Infrastructure Architecture
- Previous experience with automation tools
- Build Jenkins, GitHub Gitlab/Gitlab pipeline
- Experience with Go, Java
- Experience with Databases
- 3+ years’ experience supporting large scale, global, high traffic and highly available consumer-facing web applications and mobile apps
- 5+ years of systems engineering
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g., EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS, Lambda) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Comfortable working with multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Experience supporting SaaS solutions for large enterprise customers
- Enjoys leading, developing, and mentoring engineers towards reaching their potential while delivering high-quality on-time deliverables
- Experience integrating CI/CD (i.e., Jenkins, Gitlab CI), cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud), configuration management (Chef, Puppet), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), and monitoring (New Relic, AppDynamics) tools
- High affinity for automation
- Detail-oriented with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies — strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations
- Must be an active team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working SRR / DevOps driven environment.
- Professional commitment to high quality and a passion for learning new skills
- Excited by the challenge of building a world-class business that delivers not only high revenue growth and compelling ROI, but also has a meaningful impact on society.