7555 E Hampden Ave
Contract To Hire
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 20292
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for coordinating the management of our robust AWS footprint and micro-services platform. This person will work directly with the development teams to ensure a streamlined CI/CD experience for the platform. As the platform is in its infancy this role will get to have significant impact on the methodologies and technologies used to maintain the platforms continuous integration and continuous development.
The ideal person in this role will have experience with DevOps engineering and be ready to step into a role where they can help set policy and pave new ground in the CI/CD process.
- Primary Ownership of the AWS environment and platform housing our primary application and ancillary services
- Actively working with the development team to ensure a smooth CI/CD of the various services of the software platform
- Actively working with the IT team to ensure availability of monitoring and logging services for first line troubleshooting and escalation
- Owning the release process and ensuring stability across the platform’ s different environments
- Assisting the QA team with continued automation of the QA process
- Coordinate with the CTO and IT team on security of the AWS environment, ensuring continued compliance
- Develop processes & documentation to drive improved development and IT experiences with the CI/CD processes of the platform
- Strong experience with AWS orchestration, instance management and cost control
- A background in or experience with development across the Java/Springboot/React stack
- Expert in Linux, Git and a strong affinity for scripting languages
- Attention to detail and comfortable managing pipelines for multiple services and environments.
- Knowledge of Jira & Bitbucket
- Comfortable learning new technologies and assessing strengths/weaknesses of competing technologies.