525 S Flower St
Los Angeles (Downtown),
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 20339
The Infrastructure Engineer (IE) is responsible for the design and implementation of most optimal infrastructure solutions. The Infrastructure Engineer must have rich and diverse technical background, is creative (intellectually curious), and passionate about automation / DevOps and eager to learn emerging technologies and trends. The IE is also responsible for documenting the standards, processes and procedures as well as improving process efficiency. The Infrastructure Engineer leads the effort in establishing the baseline system performance, capacity planning and delivery of highly secure, scalable robust/resilient systems that delivers maximum performance. Typical day includes working with infrastructure architects to design infrastructure solutions, documenting the solutions, provisioning servers/platforms in private and/or public clouds and working closely with development teams for successful project implementation. Though the Infrastructure Engineer is not directly responsible for production support, he/she will provide level-3 support to troubleshoot infrastructure related issues.
- Champion the automation of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and contribute in building next generation infrastructure strategy (i.e. software defined infrastructure)
- Development of Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and build out servers without human intervention and integration of IAC with development flow to enable end-2-end CI/CD pipeline
- Provide leadership in the infrastructure as a code process, focusing on implementation of automation solutions throughout the enterprise in support of DevOps.
- Collaborate on all aspects of infrastructure technology including, but not limited to the servers, network, storage, database, and application as required.
- Build highly scalable and highly available and secure infrastructure utilizing private cloud on VMWare and/or public cloud such as AWS & Azure and/or hybrid cloud.
- Build Windows and/or UNIX/Linux servers (in particular RedHat) leveraging primarily VMWare (ESXi, vCenter, vSphere and Site Recovery Manager etc.), Azure, and/or AWS.
- Lead monitoring, capacity management, and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures (both converged & hyper-converged) .
- Establish and maintain relationship with vendors, peers and colleagues across the organization, and constantly communicate of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies.
- Must have excellent problem solving and debugging skills to resolve system related issues.
- Open minded team player, flexible and respectful to colleagues
- Contributes in creation of standards and roadmap for private cloud, public cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure. This includes development of technology and practical implementation for next 1-3 years
- Primary focus to minimizes infrastructure complexity, improve operation efficiency and system security, availability and performance
- Ability to lead from behind, influence the usage of cloud technology by demonstrating side by side comparison of cloud technology costs and TCO
- Develop and enforce automated governance to ensure effective and efficient use of infrastructure irrelevant on-premiums or public cloud
- Ensure proposed designs will integrate with all system components and meets the delivery and capacity requirements for the business units
- Ensure solution design meets infrastructure best practices and InfoSec governance policies
- Stay abreast of new technologies as applicable to the infrastructure environment
- Perform cross training and mentorship to other engineers on emerging technologies
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced in Kubernetes/Docker/Docker Hub and Kubernetes (pods, services etc)
- Advanced understanding of hybrid and full cloud infrastructure technologies (Azure, AWS - IaaS, PaaS & SaaS solutions)
- Experience working with SDLC (CI/CD) and DevOps groups
- Experience in implementing cloud based high available solutions
- Knowledge of ITIL (certification is plus),
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (preferred), AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer (certification is plus)
- Broad and deep experience with Windows, Linux (CentOS, SlackWare, Gentoo, Ubuntu, etc).
- Experienced in Active Directory and Group Policies & GPO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage vendor relationships and with internal teams.
- Advanced understanding of scripting (PowerShell / Python / Ruby)
- Advanced understanding of automation and provisioning tools (Chef, Terraform)
- Advanced understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems
- *B.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- *Minimum 10 years working in an Infrastructure Systems Engineering role
- *Minimum 5 years working in an enterprise level environment designing, building server, storage & network solutions in virtualized environment
- *Minimum 3 years of experience implementing private/public and/or hybrid cloud solutions
- *Minimum 3 years of experience in implementing Infrastructure as a Code
- *Minimum 1 year of experience in container technology like Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos