Our client is looking for a Director of Business Intelligence. This individual will be responsible for the strategies, processes, applications, data, technologies, and technology architecture surrounding and supporting the BI program. This role will be an integral position in our IS group to help our organization hit our growth goals over the next several years.
• Developing and executing upon a data and information strategy that drives the business decisions and growth in alignment with the company’ s strategic plan.
• Responsible to set the vision and roadmap for improvements in the architecture, governance, visualization, and integration of data across various data domains and departments while ensuring we meet industry best practices.
• Responsible for creating a business intelligence team and programs.
• Balance short-term and long-term data warehouse priorities, strategic and tactical data objectives, while continuing to support the company’ s strategic vision.
• Thorough collaboration with various levels of management, develop and document the vision and strategies of what BI is and will be.
• Hire, coach, and review team members; ensure that every team member understands their roles, goals, and career paths; continually review needs for skills development.
• Plan, direct, budget, and schedule team' s efforts and vendor partners to meet scope, quality, availability, and timeline goals; allocate resources for projects.
• Partners with IT Leadership to deliver governance initiatives and assists in establishing and aligning BI objectives, operating business plans, and programs for optimum return and efficiency.
• Develop metrics relevant to data quality, data insights and business intelligence to measure the maturity of the overall program and track progress to the metrics.
• Establish, organize, and implement proper data policies, procedures, structures, roles, and responsibilities in alignment with the enterprise information management program.
• Education: Four year college degree in a technology field, or equivalent preferred, or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
• Experience: A minimum of five years of work-related experience in a full-service financial institution or experience in a related position in a related field. Prefer at least five years leadership experience.