The Support Technician will play a key role in providing Tier 1 & 2 support for enterprise technology infrastructure, including workstations, basic network and telephony systems, remote users, etc.
This individual will effectively interface with staff and/or third parties to understand and diagnose issues; and follow best practices to isolate and effectively resolve them. This individual will work with a team of technicians to solve problems creatively and timely, with the ability to escalate issues to senior technical staff as needed.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
• Provide technical support for all levels of staff and end-users.
• Interact with users via phone, e-mail, and IM/chat in the effort to resolve issues in the most efficient manner.
• Work within a centralized ticketing system to respond to users and document pathways to resolution.
• Provide support for PC users, including office and remote employees.
• Monitor and prioritize incidents and tickets. Escalate and/or work in tandem with appropriate people from within and outside the organization on unresolved issues.
• Utilize/mobilize all third-party/partner technical resources to solve problems where necessary.
• Maintain call records, notes and logs; and record resolution details.
• Install and configure workstation, telephony, video, and mobile hardware/software as required.
• Maintain hardware and software inventory.
• Communicate and provide guidance and knowledge transfer to other resources within the organization on issues/problems and resolution.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Qualifications & Requirements:
• Excellent communication, documentation, and customer service skills.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
• 1+ years of experience providing IT support, including Windows Server maintenance.
• Advanced competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook. • Basic understanding of Windows Servers, including Active Directory.
• Knowledge of VPN and Citrix will be considered a plus