Our client, a giant in their field located in the South Bay area of LA is actively looking for a Senior Software Developer who will be responsible for the following. They are a little flexible on their requirements.
• Developing/implementing the Sonic platform, which is DNI’ s owned and operated backend technology platform for driving digital video on demand services on a global basis
• Working with product owners and other stakeholders to refine requirements and help estimate complexity and effort
• Collaborating and supporting other in-house and external development teams that utilize the Sonic platform to build consumer facing products
• Setting up, operating, and troubleshooting the cloud based infrastructure that is used to host Sonic platform
• Can assume a broad developer role including software design, implementation, test, deployment through to production, as well as support/bug-fixing (“ You build it, you run it”)
• Experience of working in geographically distributed teams (English as primary language)
• Not afraid to voice opinion and motivate technical choices
• Can lead a smaller team of developers, following up deliveries and proactively mitigating risks and impediments (only required for certain positions)
• Matureness in making trade-offs between complexity / performance / business value / maintainability / delivery deadlines
• 5+ years of Java 8 experience including use of Futures and Streams
• Working experience of at least two other programming languages
• Asynchronous, non-blocking, functional style of programming including proven experience of supporting frameworks such as Vert.x, Spring, Node.js
• Experience of microservice based architectures, with internal communication using gRPC.
• Relational database usage and modeling using PostgreSQL and MySQL.
• Caching solutions such as Redis and Guava.
• Search engine technology, constructing queries, and indexing documents using ElasticSearch
• Using and configuring AWS. Broad knowledge of most AWS services, deeper knowledge of EC2, S3, Kinesis, CloudFront and CloudWatch.
• Usage and deep understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
• Using and setting up CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
• React/Redux based admin UIs (only required for certain positions)
• Advanced REST based API design and implementation, jsonapi.org
• Devops experience, troubleshooting performance and scalability problems, using tools such as Kibana and Grafana.
• Expected to deliver new features at rapid pace with minimal bugs and operational issues.
• The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
• Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’ s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.