Manager, Infrastructure and Operations
We are seeking a highly motivated Infrastructure Development manager to lead all development efforts in our Infrastructure group. This is a unique opportunity to assist in building a modern stack to support firms critical business processes.
Candidate must have strong hands-on technical expertise in modern development disciplines and technologies with a focus in scripting, leveraging and developing APIs, webapps, extending the ServiceNow platform, and Infrastructure as Code. Candidates must have a successful background leading development teams and establishing best practices. Strong technical expertise and development experience with frontend and backend technologies (C#, Java, Angular, Spring, REST, AWS, etc.) and development toolsets github, jira, Jenkins, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines. Candidates should have excellent client facing skills and be able to articulate technical issues.
• Act as a liaison between various technology teams to build a successful Infrastructure Development practice
• Work closely with business teams, engineers, and QA teams to improve overall product delivery
• Ownership of developer practices, configuration, and overall production environment working closely with production support teams
• Evaluate and establish tooling best practices - source control, CICD, containerization, orchestration, and cloud
• Responsible for establishing proactive monitoring environment and ownership of monitoring and environment metrics
• Involved in on-call rotation with production support team for successful production operations
• Evaluate/implement/maintain software build processes & automation tools to support software product development.
• Instrument infrastructure and applications/services with monitoring, alerting, logging, and distributed tracing tools.
• Lead and Maintain discipline around build and release operations, best-practices, and protocols across the entire development team
• Run and Maintain different Product environments (dev, staging, sandbox, production).
• Responsible for scripting and programming to deploy and operate our production systems
• Drive the Infrastructure automation agenda, including all ServiceNow integration and extensibility
• Help architect, build, and deploy secure infrastructure in support of Dispatch Dev teams including standards for Docker environments, load balancers, and Kubernetes Cluster.
• Monitor ticketing system for reported issues and assist development groups in the timely resolution of opened tickets.
• Standardize and document development and deployment operations and methods.
• Help transform the team to an agile development team building/maintain web applications/services and integration projects
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, management and vendors to ensure project execution meets business needs
• Hands-on participation in software design and development of enterprise-level web applications while aligning with architectural standards
• Provide technical expertise, and mentoring to team members and onsite/offsite contractors
• Advance clean code initiatives and engineering best practices with an emphasis on quality, CI/CD and a DevOps/cloud mindset
Education: BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience.
• 12+years of cumulative support / devops / development / infrastructure combined experience
• Proven team management skills and ability to work with remote users
• Experience in Continuous Integration and Build tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
• Experience in GIT workflows for multiple properties and APIs
• Experience working with ServiceNow APIs and Orchestration
• Experience in Windows Powershell, Linux/Perl/Python/Unix Shell/Ansible Script to handle complex automation/administration tasks
• Development background in Python, .Net, Java a pl; us
• Microsoft Azure infrastructure/devops certifications a strong +
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail; mission-critical production support experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in working effectively in cross-functional team
• Experience in Microservice application fabric, knowledge of single-page applications
• Highly familiar with Azure, VSTS, and DevOps CICD
• Highly organized with strong project management skills
• ITIL, Microsoft Azure Solutions, Amazon, Cloud Certified
• Excellent verbal, written communication and technical documentation skills
• Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills
• Detail oriented, focus on customer satisfaction and end-user experience
• Able to perform analysis and clearly communicate gaps in analysis to business and requirements to development teams