6900 Orangethorpe Ave,
Job Category: Network Administrator
Job Number: 18553
Our client is looking for a Sr. Network / Infrastructure Administrator to deploy, manage, upgrade, and tune in-house workstations, server, operating systems, networking systems and storage systems to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual needs to participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This role also requires to manage, maintain, analyze system components, and make recommendations regarding computer system security and network utilization, plus day-to-day end user support including troubleshooting, account maintenance, and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Planning
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Design long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining enterprise systems, networking, storage and software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing network and infrastructure architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Develop, document and communicate plans for investing in enterprise systems and storage enhancements, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and direction to administrators and technicians.
- Ensure solutions meet or exceed the service level agreements established between IT and the business.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for network, security, infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network-specific, infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- Assist IT Manager to manage and set priorities for the maintenance, development, and evaluation of the enterprise infrastructure including systems, storage, network, telecommunication systems, collaboration services, core network services, endpoint deployment services, etc.
- Ensure equipment is performing properly and according to service level agreements established between IT and the business.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with IT teams on network optimization.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on network, servers, storage, and related equipment. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various infrastructure, network upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Develop strategies for maintaining the enterprise infrastructure and network.
- Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity plan.
- Document and communicate all configuration changes in support of change management processes.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to design, configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Perform network, server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’ s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, and other applications.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Seven+ years of experience with MS Windows Administration. Extensive experience on 2012/2016 Active Directory Environment. Microsoft certificates are preferred.
- Seven+ years of Network Design and Implementation, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning. Deep knowledge on LAN/WAN, VLAN.
- Extensive experience and good knowledge on HP, Dell or Cisco switches, routers. Related network certificates are preferred.
- Deep knowledge of Firewalls and VPN Technology. Previous firewall configuration experience is required.
- Seven+ years of experience in administering, maintaining, deploying and optimizing servers and storage. Previous MS Exchange configuration experience is required.
- Extensive experience in Hyper-V and VMWare virtualization solutions.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise products and services.
- Extensive experience of Microsoft System Center products. Good knowledge of Veeam Backup Technology or other backup solutions.
- Extensive experience with Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam technologies. Previous system security implementation experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS SharePoint, Business Intelligence solutions.
- Five years of scripting and automation experience. Conversant with programming languages and scripting tools such as PowerShell, VB, MS SQL.
- Self-motivated, creative, and highly organized, with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage time effectively in a high pressure environment.
- Proven project planning and leading experience.
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly customer focused with the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead training sessions, presentations, and meetings and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Experience utilizing process-driven techniques (e.g., Lean) to achieve positive change in the business environment.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
- Experience in Aerospace or Manufacturing industry is preferred.