2201 Park Place, Suite 102
Job Category: Network Administrator
Job Number: 20147
Who you are
The Network Engineer is responsible for managing our customers' network technology infrastructures. The Network Engineer reports to the Senior Manager and may also serve as an escalation point to the helpdesk, NOC, and field technicians. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-5 years of experience in a breadth of technologies including Cisco (Meraki), DELL (SonicWall), Juniper Networks, network switching, and basic level network troubleshooting capabilities. He or she should have extensive experience monitoring and maintaining highly available systems.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to provide a high level of customer service to our clients
- Serve as an escalation point to more junior colleagues such as helpdesk analysts and field technicians.
- Network Administration: Cisco, SonicWall, Juniper Networks, HP, etc.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, network applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Network security configuration and monitoring
- Disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Network (LAN/WAN) administration, wireless AP (Palo Alto, Meraki, Aruba, Cisco AP’ s etc.)
- VoIP network infrastructure administration (ShoreTel, Ring Central, etc.)
- Monitoring and performance tuning of various technology components (SolarWinds, Auvik, PRTG)
- Architect technology solutions for our clients, including requirements gathering and documenting the design
- Works directly with project manager to help coordinate network projects, create WBS, and works with IT Managers to facilitate SOW creations and client delivery.
- Participate in on-call shift rotations, including weekends and after hours. The flexibility to work on a varied shift rotation when needed is expected.
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within SLA
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents and adhere to all service management principles
- Document all incidents into our ticketing system
- Deploy patches and application updates
- Respond to inquiries from clients and help them resolve hardware or software problems
- Resolve issues through client interaction and/or using remote support tools
- Triage issues to determine appropriate escalation
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer issues both pre- and post-delivery and provide status to clients as necessary.
- Interface with appropriate technical personnel for customer problems that cannot be resolved effectively.
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone or email until they’ ve solved a technical issue when assigned to Customer Care role
- Provide prompt and accurate follow up to customers
- Refer to internal knowledge base or external resources to provide accurate technical solutions
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT requests are resolved after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Work on client IT projects under direct supervision of the Senior Manager and other project team leaders
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard operating procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams (e.g. Systems Administrator’ s)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Ensure consistency of existing systems through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Mentor those with less experience.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets as they occur.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (Bachelor’ s Degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in IT, working in a structured support environment including managing support tickets, diagnostics, escalation routines, and issue resolution closure (MSP experience a plus)
- 3-5 years experience wit the following technologies…
- Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper Networks, HP, SonicWall, Intersys, etc.
- Active Directory
- VOIP Networks
- Network Vendor mgmt. (I.e., ISP’ s, Hardware, Software, licensing)
- WAP Configurations/Maintenance Troubleshooting
- SDWAN is a major plus
- Experience with service desk management tools (i.e. ticketing system)
- Intermediate knowledge of network protocols, configurations, and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of server hardware - Dell, HP, etc.
- Strong communication, organization and customer service skills