Our client has an exciting new opening for a Network Engineering Supervisor in our Information Securities Department! This brand new role within the organization will take the lead on the day-to-day network engineering activities including the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the company' s network architecture and infrastructure as well as helping to lead and coach the network engineering staff. In addition, this role will oversee projects, vendors, and the Network Engineer team. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to join a growing organization with an amazing workplace culture!
Network Design, Management and Maintenance
• Design, plan and implement the optimal network infrastructure
• Configure, maintain, upgrade, update, and monitor the data center servers, both physical and virtual.
• Configure, maintain, and patch the Credit Union' s internal routers, switches, terminal servers and other networking equipment.
• Configure, maintain, and monitor network' s security systems.
• Implement and maintain disaster recovery/redundancy
• Design backup strategy, maintain backup library, test backup/recovery procedures.
• Maintain inventory of circuits, DNS records, certificates.
Software Maintenance and Licensing
• Assist the Information Services Director with evaluating, maintaining the software licenses
• Assist the Network Administrator to assure software licensing compliance.
• Work with technology vendors to keep systems up-to-date, backed up, and implement redundancy where applicable.
• Assist Information Services Director with system resource allocation and development networks (non-production).
Qualifications for the Role
• Education: Associates in Computer Science or equivalent education required. Microsoft Server, Cisco, VMware certifications are preferred.
• Experience: Five years of experience as a network engineer or equivalent; network certification from Microsoft, Cisco, IBM a plus.
• Lead or Supervising experience preferred.