950 17th St
Job Category: Java
Job Number: 20169
Our client is urgently looking for a Principal Java Engineer that can handle the following duties and responsibilities for the company:
- Conceive, experiment with, and present architectural approaches for software and systems, including software, hardware, and processes, in support of business needs.
- Ensure architectural integrity and consistency across the entire product
- Design new software and infrastructure systems
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure
- Assist with strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timelines for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all technology and related services
- Analyze and decide upon 3rd party software components.
- 5-6 years of technology architectural design and planning experience across a variety of technology.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience
- A master' s degree is preferred.
- Prior startup experience
- Five years of management experience preferred
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Clear understanding and best practices of architectural designs (software and infrastructure) and software development practices
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Results oriented, with the ability and flexibility to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to connect the core business activities with technological solutions
- Collaborative problem-solving skills and eagerness to solve challenging problems
- 5 years+ of experience with Java and Spring Boot
- Or Scala, Akka, Play Framework
- Experience developing REST based APIs
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Experience with MVC frameworks
- Experience writing to relational (SQL) and non-relational databases
- Experience with Agile software development
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Understanding of cloud hosted and/or virtualized systems