950 17th St
Job Category: QA
Job Number: 19895
Our client needs a Sr. QA Automation Engineer and be responsible for creating and maintaining automation testing scripts and frameworks to provide increased test coverage for multiple applications and services.
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable and proficient in Speed/Load, API and UI testing frameworks to ensure quality, increase deployment and delivery of features, and reporting of test suite results.
- Work as a member of an Agile team to develop automated tests by analyzing user stories, acceptance criteria, participating in design reviews and collaborating with the developers, product owners and business analysts.
- Identify and document detailed requirements for testing system needs and functionality.
- Participate in reviews of software specifications, test strategies and schedules verifying completeness, accuracy and breadth of quality commitments.
- Effectively communicate automation status, measures, issues and corrective actions during development reviews.
- Complete GUI, API, integration, user acceptance, regression and production testing.
- Update reporting tools with testing results.
- Remain up-do-date with current trends in development and automation technologies.
Requirements for the Role
- B.S. Computer Science/Equivalent degree
- 10+ years of experience with automated UI testing frameworks like; selenium, cucumber, or any of the multiple .js frameworks.
- Experience with performance/load testing frameworks like; JMeter or gatling.io
- Experience with backend/API testing frameworks like; mocha or Postman
- Experience with CI builds services like; Jenkins or CircleCI
- Proficiency in React
- Proficiency in newer automation tools (Jest, Mocker, etc.)
- 3-4 years within automation at a minimum
- Creative individual who can organize test suites to ensure maximum coverage
- Strong understanding of QA processes & methodologies in a software development environment
- Understanding of web applications and relational databases
- Multi-platform testing experience (OS, Browsers, mobile)
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills