925 N La Brea Ave
Job Category: QA
Job Number: 19744
My client is actively looking for an experienced Quality Engineer with strong software development skills and experience in developing and enhancing test automation frameworks.
Our framework is built on Java & JUnit, using industry best practices and OO design patterns with very high-quality standards. Maintaining this level of quality is important for future growth and having reliable test results. The ideal candidate for this role has extensive lead SW development experience in Java, C# C++ or other object-oriented language and strong interest in working with test framework, mentoring team and improving internal tools.
In this position, you will lead the platform project working closely with the global offshore and US teams, lead and manage the automation effort, ensuring manual tests get automated and added to the regression suite. You will code, implement and enhance QE’ s existing frameworks, mentor QE engineers, work closely with Dev and Product teams and ensure timely delivery and automation of features every sprint release. You will be part of a great team that is going through some really exciting growth and development.
- Work in close collaboration with global QE to deploy a continuous integration and deployment pipeline (that is currently under development)
- Communicate effectively with Development, Technical Project and Product Management teams on product issues, major and patch releases, quality milestones and feature development
- Track automation coverage
- Review QE automation code while coaching test engineers on engineering best practices and coding quality standards
- Provide technical mentorship to QE staff
- Develop measurement criteria to monitor and drive continuous improvements within the QE team
- Collaborate frequently with teams in India outside of US work hours
- Bachelor’ s degree (CS, MIS, CIS preferred) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience leading automated testing of distributed systems software, Agile methodologies, preferably in a SaaS environment using Agile Engineering process methodology.
- Familiarity with industry standard CI and testing tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Selenium, JUnit. Familiarity with development environments utilizing Java and web services.
- Strategic thinker and a problem solver: layer questions and really understand the problem at-hand; understand the business and key drivers for success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: proven ability to lead both vertically and horizontally to achieve results; thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment and do what it takes to deliver results.
- Experience working on software-as-a-service (SaaS), large scale distributed systems or relational/NoSQL databases
- Strong knowledge of Automation Frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, and Selenium
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and analytical skills
- QA industry certifications a plus