909 North Sepulveda Blvd
Job Category: Ruby on Rails
Job Number: 20135
- You have eight or more years of experience developing web apps in Ruby/Rails (preferred), PHP, Elixir/Phoenix, Django, Node or a similar MVC development framework.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
- You have strong development principles, including experience with testing and TDD, object-oriented design, and higher-level system design.
- You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high.
- You have worked directly with non-devs (designers, PMs, user researchers, etc.) to ship great products.
- You believe in the value of mentorship, and in a teaching and learning culture.
- You want to grow, and you' re constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You are passionate about building using Agile and Lean methodologies
Ideally, you' d have:
- Experience leading development teams or in a team management role.
- Contributed to or maintained open-source projects (Send us your GitHub profile!).
- Experience transforming large Rails apps into a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- Experience with containerized software deployment using vanilla Docker, Rancher, or Kubernetes.
- Strong focus on the people who use your software, even when it makes things harder.