151 Detroit St
Job Category: Scrum Master
Job Number: 20310
Overview of the Role
This role will include both Scrum Master and Project Manager responsibilities.
You will ensure that the Scrum process is helping the team in meeting their delivery goals by helping team members coordinate, communicate and cooperate.
You will be responsible for the overall oversight, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects and initiatives. You will ensure consistency with operational standards, security policies, and company strategy. Additionally, you will assemble, and guide project teams comprised of internal and external resources required to deliver solutions within time, feature/quality, and budget constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and manage the activities of concurrent projects providing periodic reporting to management, business sponsors, and other business partners regarding individual and/or team project status, metrics and progress.
- Identify issues or potential problems with projects or technical initiatives and make recommendations to management regarding alternatives or solutions.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, milestones, and deliverables.
- Participate with IT leadership in project portfolio, prioritization, budgetary, and other plan developments. Develop project plans and track costs.
- Maintain complete project documentation such as: weekly or periodic project status reports; budget variance reports; project approvals or purchase requisitions; management presentations, etc.
- Work with multiple teams as either project manager and/or scrum master.
- Reinforce the lightweight Scrum best practices and rules determined by the team.
- Challenge the team to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity.
- Facilitate all meetings, including standups, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and interpersonal skills required to interact with all levels of management and staff, as well as outside vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants. Communicates and presents in a clear and compelling manner and can discuss technical subjects in layman terms.
- Ability to organize, analyze and balance facts, priorities, resources, constraints and alternatives to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Shown success in iterative/agile methodologies and experience in the facilitation of scrum teams.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding, high pressure, large scale, and complex system environments.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Highly motivated with a passion for technology and technical detail with a can-do, self- motivated attitude and the ability to learn ' on the fly'.
- Shown initiative, willingness to seek and achieve improvements to processes and technology.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience working in a technology environment, with experience managing information technology initiatives or software development projects.
- Project management framework certification such as PMI/PMP, SCRUM/CSM is required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management tool(s) and Microsoft Windows and MS Office application suite required.
- Technology infrastructure experience in a financial, Mutual Fund or Securities environment preferred.