831 S Douglas St, El Segundo, CA 90245
Job Category: DevOps
Job Number: 20118
Our client is looking for Sr. DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team to help scale our VOD/OTT platform. You have worked in engineering organizations creating and supporting CI/CD processes to promote Agile software development. You will support engineering teams in designing, implementing, and supporting software platforms. You will apply DevOps methodologies in support of roadmap initiatives. You will automate code, systems and applications deployment in support of product releases.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Design, implement, and administer platform tools to support release of software products within AWS.
· Deploy, monitor, analyze, and respond to issues with software releases ensuring speed, and efficiency.
· Own the build/deployment process by documenting everything and automate administration tasks
· Tune and automate systems and applications, including load/stress testing for software delivery.
· Consult on overall software architecture and support product roadmaps.
· Assist with migration of applications to AWS and create reusable patterns.
· Enforce standards and, best practices using modern build/release conventions.
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees where applicable
· BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience.
· 4-6 years in an engineering operations related position building and deploying complex software products.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Experience developing and supporting build and release of software in complex cloud infrastructure
Experience designing, implementing and maintaining CI/CD process with tight integration to cloud platforms
Experience with OTT, Video management service in a multi-platform client universe
Experience with tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software to IaaS, iOS, Android etc.
Experience with CI/CD tools like Bamboo, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Circle CI, Git, Chef
Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), Serverless and running Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation) and using Cloud Management platforms (CloudAware, DivvyCloud, etc.)
Experience working in an Agile delivery environment
Ability to apply and document Site Reliability Engineering best practices
Expert in writing automation scripts, using software configuration management tools enabling IT operations for an always-up, always-available service
Experience integrating and maintaining CDN services like Akamai and CloudFront
Experience with Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, and SQS on Linux platforms within AWS
Experience identifying and effectively deploying backup/recovery solutions and establishing and measuring RTO/RPO for these systems.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work at all points in the product development pipeline, including being a hands-on contributor