10 Universal City Plaza
Job Category: Java
Job Number: 19982
Our client is actively interviewing for Software Engineer contractor to help them create cutting edge web applications products. You will build and maintain the CMS, API(s) and server-side code that entertain millions of pop culture fans every day across desktop, mobile, tablet, and emerging platforms. We are a cross-functional team consisting of software engineers, web developers, designers, and product managers who are all collaborating to operate one of the highest-traffic digital platforms in the industry. We cater to a global audience in multiple languages and bring fans wherever they may be in formats that are fun, fast, and aesthetically pleasing while also achieving key business goals.
Within Interactive Technology we have achieved some notable recent milestones: We completed a full, zero-downtime migration from our corporate data center to Amazon Web Services, took ownership of our entire application stack including the CMS, database, and API layer. Read on for more regarding responsibilities and requirements if this sounds interesting to you.
- Do technical design, break down tasks, and provide estimates for new project requests.
- Develop and maintain new and existing features and products for all digital platforms that are owned and operated by E! News
- Participate in code reviews and collaborative pair programming to create and ship the highest possible quality of digital products
- Contribute to the learning and adoption of best practices and tools for modern web application development
- Participate in gathering technical requirements and defining the best approaches for new product development
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of web development experience using Java, Spring, JSP(s), and other backend technologies
- 6+ years’ experience with database technologies including MYSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with caching technologies such as Ehcache, Memcache, Redis, and Varnish.
- Rich understanding of RESTful based services
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patterns.
- Experience with AWS including knowledge of EC2, S3, Lambda.
- An appreciation of the importance of good documentation in code comments, git commits, and wikis / knowledge bases
- Good written and verbal communication skills in person, team chat, email and meetings
- Experience with Automated Testing frameworks and methodologies such as jUNit, Mockito, TDD, and Selenium.
Additional Valuable Skills and Experience
- Experience with NodeJS a huge plus.
- Comfort with the Atlassian suite of products such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Bamboo
- The ability to deliver high quality, self QA' ed code as well as taking QA feedback and executing corrections autonomously with minimum number of round trips
- Experience on teams using agile / scrum methodologies
- Desire to both learn and teach new concepts as part of a team
- Experience working on a product-oriented team developing and maintaining a suite of digital products for the long-term