10100 Santa Monica Blvd #2200 Los Angeles, CA 90067 US
Trusts & Estates Assistant
- Provide administrative support and secretarial assistance to assigned attorneys/legal personnel pertaining to all aspects of trusts and estates.
- Assignment involves a level of document production, administrative functions, and client contact requiring excellent secretarial and technical skills.
- This position typically supports three or more attorneys or other legal personnel as a primary assignment and also provides back-up secretarial assistance to other attorneys/legal personnel as requested.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include, But May Not Be Limited to, the Following:
- Generate, prepare, and organize documentation and forms requisite to the trusts and estates practice area, such as wills, codicils, agreements, amendments, trusts, powers, designations, distribution provisions, etc.
- Create, edit, and compile large, complex, heavily formatted documents as well as prepare routine correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents from draft or dictated. Proofread all documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage and maintain calendar and assist in meeting deadlines. Heavy client contact and must schedule appointments and meetings, arrange for conference rooms, and communicate information to all respective parties.
- Answer the telephone, and screen and process incoming telephone calls. Set up conference calls.
- Input attorney/legal personnel’s time utilizing the Firm’s time entry software on a daily basis.
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail. Process outgoing mail to assure timely delivery. Send filing electronically on an ongoing basis.
- Open new client matters and request conflict of interest checks.
- Make travel arrangements, prepare itineraries, and compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prepare expense reports for each attorney/legal personnel. Submit to accounting for processing.
- Prepare and keep current desk instructions with respect to each assigned attorney/legal personnel.
- If applicable, prepare and process client billing utilizing Firm billing software. Review/edit/prepare and proofread prebills and invoices; assure client billing is sent out accurately and timely.