We are seeking a Senior UX Researcher to lead research projects as a trusted partner that contributes to the strategic planning and execution of our products and services, including web, tablet and mobile experiences. You will work collaboratively with other researchers, designers, and various cross-functional teams, and share actionable insights at all phases of design and product development. You must be a creative thinker and an expert in both qualitative and quantitative research methods. In addition, you must be an open-minded individual and flexible with research approaches to juggle competing priorities an overlapping projects. Ultimately, your role is to uncover deeper human insights that will lead to demonstrable business value.
• Plan, design and conduct both qualitative and quantitative research studies, including writing research plans that outlines study goals, user criteria and research methodology
• Work closely with the UX design team and various stakeholders by asking the right questions to identify research needs
• Work collaboratively with vendors to identify recruiting requirements and to launch studies within our online client community
• Conduct both moderated and unmoderated research studies, in-person or remotely
• Identify the best research method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline, and resources
• Analyze and triangulate qualitative and quantitative data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights along with actionable recommendations
• Synthesize findings into meaningful themes to create and present impactful readouts/reports for various audiences
• Office/Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. There may be some infrequent amount of activity of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects weighing 10 lbs or less.
• Work activity that involves or requires repetitive to constant keyboarding or key data entry activity of more than 30 minutes duration without interruption or limited recovery time.
• User research methods such as heuristic analysis, usability studies, ethnographic studies, contextual inquiry, concept testing, contextual inquiries, participatory design, surveys, card sorting, tree test, etc.
• Familiarity with design and prototyping tools; Axure, Adobe XD, Invision preferred
• Knowledge of UX analytics tools, Adobe Analytics preferred
• Survey tools, Qualtrics preferred
• Remote research tools, UserTesting.com preferred
• Basic knowledge of UX metrics, statistics, and Adobe XD/Axure is a plus
• Accessibility knowledge preferred (WCAG, screen reader software, aXe, WAVE, etc.)
• Agile/Scrum software development methodology
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience executing both qualitative and quantitative research (e.g. usability test, card sorting, tree test, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, persona development, heuristic evaluations, participatory design on web and mobile apps)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience interacting with design and product teams
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with agile/scrum software development methodology
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills to communicate clear, concise findings and actionable recommendations to designers, technologists, and stakeholders
• Experience creating and evaluating analytics and data visualization and dashboard design is a plus